- Provides excellent all-day hold for your ‘stache or beard in all weather conditions, particularly hot and humid. Easy application with no need to reapply. (See our "Tips for Applying Wax" page for more detailed application instructions: https://www.firehousemoustachewax.com/tips-for-applying-wax )
- Our Dark wax blends well with brownish and reddish colored hair, although can be considered a more neutral color that can blend with most hair colors. Goes on lighter than it looks in the tin & can be lighter/darker than shown due to natural variances in the waxes used.
- Despite its name, it's lighter in color than the Wacky Tacky. (It used to be our darkest wax before we made the Tacky!)
- There are no dyes or fragrances in our waxes. Both color and scent come naturally from the waxes used. It is not a dye/color and is meant to blend with the described hair colors.
- The main difference between our Dark and 'Wacky Tacky' waxes is the Dark is generally lighter in color and a little less tacky/sticky in texture. It tends to hold the best in very hot, humid weather.
- Tame, train, style & control facial hair all day in any kind of weather.
- Handmade and poured in small batches by Fireman John. Made in the USA.
- Wax comes in a 1 ounce slip cover tin which can easily slide into your pocket.
- 25 cents from the sale of each tin is donated to our charity of the year (see our 'About Us' page for more info. on the charity: https://www.firehousemoustachewax.com/about-us-our-charity-of-the-year)
19 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
A perfect all weather wax that holds all day long! Will hold any style you prefer to do with your mustache. Highly recommend if you work at vigorous job. Holds well even in high humidity.
This wax is fantastic! It provides a strong enough hold to give one's moustache good shape without feeling like glue or being difficult to work with, and has only a very light, pleasant smell. The color also does not show against the dark red of my moustache, compared to many other brands that look like dandruff. Depending on the weather and amount of mask-wearing on a given day it might require re-application in the evening, but I much prefer this to having a "heavily waxed" look. I also can confirm that it will hold shape in an SCBA face piece in case you're a one of those people who is concerned about looking glamorous for the scene photographers.
This wax is top notch, absolutely stellar. I can ride my bike at 90 plus and the stache is just as perfect as when first fixed in the mornin! And rain has no effect!!! I have noticed slight differences in texture/color between orders. Nothing major though.
This stuff is excellent. Works exactly how I need it to.
I have NEVER had a wax work like this! I have bought other brands... when I could find them. I attempted home-brew recipes that were anywhere from mediocre to disastrous and generally came to the conclusion that either I keep it trim or shave. My facial hair at best is unruly and coarse, but sparse enough that a heavy wax clumps it all together and looks sick. By the third day, I had a classic "Western Lawdog" 'stache gracing my upper lip, the grey all hidden, the texture soft enough that Miss Annie insists that I keep the 'stache and keep it waxed (she adores kissing me with this going on!) and I am getting admiring looks from the ladies and serious questions from the gents! I endorse your product without reservation. Photos coming soon...
Top notch wax
I am fairly new to facial hair... well styling facial hair. My mustache is pretty thick, wiry, and pretty unmanageable. I bought this with the Wacky Tacky to see the difference. I can see this being really good with a more cooperative kind of hair.
This has slightly less hold than Wacky Tacky but is easier to work with. You don’t have to warm it before applying.
Finally, i have found a wax that will hold my salt (curling) and pepper (straight) moustache in a Handlebar style. I have even woken up the next morning and it held its shape. I am well pleased. Thank You for a great product.